Healthy Limerick envisions a Limerick where everyone is empowered to enjoy positive wellbeing which is supported at every level of society and achieved by working together.
- Purpose of Healthy Limerick
- Healthy Limerick Principles
- About Healthy Limerick
- We’re Breastfeeding Friendly Limerick
- Not Around Us
- Contact Information
- Useful Links
We will improve health, positive wellbeing and quality of life by ensuring all sectors are aware of and collaborate to achieve a healthy Limerick working with a social determinants approach to health.
- Healthy Limerick is informed by the WHO Definition of Health “a state of complete physical, mental and social wellbeing and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity”.
- Healthy Limerick will actively promote dignity, equality and partnership and ensure due regard for human rights in everything we do.
- Healthy Limerick is a system to understand and address wellbeing factors, issues and needs in a collaborative manner that makes the best use of resources.
- Health Limerick is locally driven, making national strategies relevant to local context
- Healthy Limerick is committed to evidence-informed practice which includes measuring and evaluating what we do.
- Healthy Limerick is about supporting our stakeholders to identify and achieve their wellbeing goals.
Healthy Limerick about integrating health into the work of the stakeholders from planning to implementation and beyond.
- Funded by Healthy Ireland.
- Part of the Social Development Directorate in Limerick City and County Council.
- As a subcommittee of the Local Community Development Committee (LCDC), Healthy Limerick is supporting and linking actions in the Local Economic and Community Plan and associated plans.
- Accredited to the National Healthy Cities and Counties Network (member of the World Health Organisation's Healthy Cities initiative).
- Member of the Healthy Ireland Network.
- Informed by two key national policies: Healthy Ireland: A National Framework for Improved Health and Wellbeing 2013-2025 and Putting People First: Action Programme for Effective Local Government.
We’re Breastfeeding Friendly aims to help improve the health and wellbeing of breastfeeding mothers, babies and their families through the development and promotion of breastfeeding friendly businesses, organisations and communities.
Who can join We’re Breastfeeding Friendly?
Any business, community group or organisation that has premises open to the general public is eligible to join, for example customer services, hotels, community centres,sports and recreation facilities, restaurants, libraries or health centres.
Not Around Us is about promoting an environment where it is easier for those who smoke to quit and stay quit and to help de-normalise smoking for the next generation. Not Around Us is another step Towards a Tobacco Free Limerick.
Mo Foley Walsh
Healthy Limerick Coordinator
Urban & Rural Community Development
Limerick City and County Council
Phone +353 61 557372 / 087-9915873
- Healthy Ireland
- We're Breastfeeding Friendly Limerick
- Move for Life
- Get Ireland Active
- Get Ireland Walking
- Breastfeeding in a Healthy Ireland
- Tobacco-Free Ireland
- Reducing Harm - Supporting Recovery A health-led response to drug and alcohol use in Ireland 2017-2025
- A Healthy Weight for Ireland
- Connecting for Life - Mid-West Suicide Prevention Action Plan 2017-2020
- National Sexual Health Strategy
- Better Outcomes Brighter Futures