Working to improve health, positive wellbeing and quality of life by ensuring all sectors are aware of, and collaborate to achieve a healthy Limerick, working with a social determinants approach to health.
Healthy Limerick Principles
- Healthy Limerick is informed by the WHO Definition of Health “a state of complete physical, mental and social wellbeing, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity”
- Healthy Limerick will actively promote dignity, equality and partnership and ensure due regard for human rights in everything we do
- Healthy Limerick is a system to understand and address wellbeing factors, issues and needs in a collaborative manner that makes the best use of resources
- Health Limerick is locally driven, making national strategies relevant to local context
- Healthy Limerick is committed to evidence-informed practice which includes measuring and evaluating what we do
- Healthy Limerick is about supporting our stakeholders to identify and achieve their wellbeing goals
Healthy Limerick about integrating health into the work of the stakeholders from planning to implementation and beyond.