The preparation of a new Development Plan involves a 3-stage process. This report forms part of Stage 2 of the statutory process for making a new Development Plan. Under Section 12 (4) of the Planning and Development Act 2000 (as amended), the Chief Executive is required to prepare a report on any submissions and observations received and submit the report to the Members of the Local Authority for their consideration.
The next step involves the Elected Members considering the Draft Plan and this Chief Executive’s Report within a period of 12 weeks under Section 12 (5) of the Planning and Development Act 2000 (as amended). Elected Members may accept or amend the Draft Plan. Any Material Alteration proposed must go on public display for a period of 4 weeks, under Section 12 (7) of the Planning and Development Act 2000 (as amended), to afford the public an opportunity to make submissions on the changes only.
The Chief Executive’s Report for the Draft Limerick Development Plan is split into three volumes as follows:
- Introduction, Summary Response and Recommendation of the Chief Executive to each of the valid submissions received
- Proposed Material Alterations to Draft Limerick Development Plan 2022-2028
- Proposed Material Alterations: Limerick 2030 Plan Interim Update
- Limerick 2030 Report Appendices
- Proposed Material Alterations: Draft Retail Strategy for Limerick
- Proposed Material Alterations: Draft Housing Strategy and Housing Need Demand Assessment
- Proposed Material Alterations: Environmental Assessments of Proposed Material Alterations
- Proposed Material Alterations: Draft Strategic Flood Risk Assessment