Limerick Local Enterprise Office (LEO) is a first stop shop to provide support and services to help start, grow and develop micro and small businesses.
Part of a national network of LEOs, Limerick LEO provides financial supports, management development, mentoring and business skills training for businesses in County Limerick.
We are also a single point of contact through which all information on State supports for small and micro business can be accessed.
Starting a new business in Limerick or seeking to grow your business? We’re ready if you are!
At Local Enterprise Office Limerick we offer:
- Priming Grants for business start-ups
- Business Expansion Grants for businesses established over 18 months
- Feasibility/Innovation Grants
Technical Assistance for Micro Exporters’ Grant Funding Guidelines
- Technical Assistance for Micro Exporters’ Grant to enable small business owners to explore and develop new (export) market opportunities. Grant Covers 50% of eligible costs (net of vat) to a max of €2,500.
LEO Innovation Investment Fund Pilot
- For businesses trading for over 12 months, have a maximum of 10 employees and looking to undertake innovative developments. Further details at www.liif.ie
Online Trading Voucher
- Online Trading Vouchers to the value of €2,500 are now available under the National Digital Strategy funded through the Department of Communications, Energy & Natural Resources and delivered through the Local Enterprise Office, Limerick
Training & Mentoring Supports
- Training Programme, Mentor Programme etc, can be viewed on www.localenterprise.ie/limerick
The role of Local Enterprise Office (LEO) Limerick in supporting indigenous business was illustrated by 2016 figures showing client companies had a net gain of 111 posts last year.
The new jobs were created across 98 companies out of the 320 companies on the LEO support database. Overall employment in LEO supported companies in Limerick rose by 129 from 1766 in 2015 to a total of 1,895 i.e 1416 full time and 479 part time in 2016.
The amount of grant aid provided to Limerick companies in 2016 was also up on the 12 months previous, with €851,094 in funding approved across 39 projects, up from €808,362 in 2015.
For upcoming Limerick Local Enterprise Office training events, click here.
Local Enterprise Office, The Engine, Upper Cecil St, Limerick V94 TN32.