The Limerick Local Economic and Community Plan (LECP) 2016 - 2021 sets out the objectives and actions which will guide the economic and community development of Limerick city and county over the next six years.
These actions will be delivered by a range of economic and community development stakeholders. The requirement to develop an LECP was introduced by the Local Government Reform Act 2014.
- To prepare the community elements of a 6-year Local Economic and Community Plan to implement, review, amend and monitor on an on-going basis the implementation of the community elements of the Plan,
- To coordinate, manage and oversee the implementation of local and community development programmes that have been approved by the LCDC and a relevant public,
- To improve the coordination of public-funded local and community development programmes and reduce duplication,
- To coordinate generally the local and community development programmes within the operational area of the LCDC,
- To prepare an annual report on the performance of its functions.
Seamus O' Connor
Phone: +353 61 557205