Limerick City and County Council has applied to An Bord Pleanála for approval of the Foynes to Limerick Road (including Adare Bypass) project.
The proposed project is 35km in length, and will connect the Core Port of Foynes to the Motorway network near Limerick.
The road development is comprised of the construction of:
- Approximately 15.6km of dual carriageway from Foynes to Rathkeale (with approximately 1.9km of single carriageway road between Ballyclogh and Askeaton)
- Approximately 17.5Km of motorway from Rathkeale to the existing motorway network at Attyflin (N21/N20/M20 junction)
- A service area for Heavy Goods Vehicles near Foynes
For more information visit www.foyneslimerick.ie.
Notice of Submissions for Inspection
Limerick City and County Council Foynes to Limerick Road including Adare Bypass (incorporating the Foynes to Rathkeale Protected Road Scheme, 2019, the Rathkeale to Attyflin Motorway Scheme, 2019 and the Foynes Service Area Scheme, 2019)
Submissions made to An Bord Pleanála on the following:
- Foynes to Rathkeale Protected Road Scheme 2019
- Rathkeale to Attyflin Motorway Scheme 2019
- Foynes Service Area Scheme 2019
- The Environmental Impact Assessment Report and the Natura Impact Statement for the Foynes to Limerick Road (including Adare Bypass)
- The Further Information Response
Records of pre-application consultation meetings with An Bord Pleanála
may be inspected by appointment at the Mid West National Road Design Office, Lissanalta House, Dooradoyle, Limerick, V94 H5RR from Monday to Friday - 9am to 5pm (except public holidays).
To make an appointment:
Phone: (061) 951000
Please note: The submissions made to An Bord Pleanála on The Environmental Impact Assessment Report and the Natura Impact Statement and the Further Information Response for the Foynes to Limerick Road (including Adare Bypass) as mentioned above are also available on the An Bord Pleanála website.