Limerick City and County Council are pleased to announce an open call for the Limerick Theatre Bursary Awards Scheme. Three Bursaries, of up to €5,000 each, are available, funded by Limerick City and County Council.
The Limerick Theatre Bursaries Awards Scheme is now closed for applications.
Purpose of the Awards
Limerick Theatre Bursaries are informed by the Limerick Cultural Strategy: A Framework 2016 – 2030
Aims and Objectives 1
- To grow Limerick’s cultural capacity by retaining and attracting creative practitioners to live and work in Limerick
- Support and develop the creativity of individual artists in Limerick by recognising the need to support the making and development of creative work, as well as its presentation and exhibition
The Arts Council Making Great Art Work: Strategy 2016 – 2025
Goal: The Artists
- Artists are supported to make excellent work, which is enjoyed and valued.
The objectives of the award are to:
- Support build capacity within the theatre sector in Limerick and the Mid-West by recognising the need to support the making and development of creative work as well as its presentation
- Allow theatre practitioners the time and financial ability to work creatively and develop their ideas
- Encourage development of quality new work in our city and county and promotion of regional and national interest in Limerick’s theatre scene
- Encourage development of quality new work in the wider regional and national context
Download the latest documents
This service is provided by
Phone +353 61 556370
Limerick City and County Council Headquarters, Merchants Quay, Limerick, V94 EH90