Limerick City and County Council open call for the Individual Arts Bursary Awards Scheme is now closed for applications.
Limerick City and County Council invite applications from professional artists to be considered for a Bursary of up to €4,000 for the development of work/professional skills. Artists based in Limerick City and County Council’s administrative area, or operating substantially within Limerick City and County could apply for a Bursary in multiple art forms, including Visual Arts, Circus, Dance and Literature.
This scheme is in line with the Limerick Cultural Strategy Aim and Objective 1:
To grow Limerick’s cultural capacity by retaining and attracting creative practitioners to live and work in Limerick
- Support and develop the creativity of individual artists in Limerick through recognising the need to support the making and development of creative work as well as its presentation and exhibition.
- Encourage the highest standards of creativity and excellence in all aspects of cultural activities
Purpose of the Awards
The Individual Arts Bursary Awards scheme is to support professional artists to develop their artistic practice. It is designed to support the development of Limerick based professional artists through any means that will demonstratively contribute to an artist’s development such as:
- Costs relating to the production of a specific body of new artistic work - development of new work for exhibition, publication or presentation.
- Costs relating to improving your knowledge - research or short-term courses in Ireland or a structured mentoring relationship.
- Costs relating to improving your professional capacity – such as website development, on-line supports, or documentation.
- Other - or any purpose that contributes to the removal of existing barriers to an artist’s development.
Individual Arts Bursary Awards Scheme is now closed for applications.