Limerick City and County Council are pleased to announce an open call for the Individual Arts Bursary Awards Scheme.
The Individual Arts Bursary Awards Scheme 2021 is open for applications from Friday 16 July and closes at 4pm Wednesday 25 August 2021.
Limerick City and County Council invites applications from professional artists who wish to be considered for a Bursary of up to €4,000 for the development of work/professional skills. Artists based in Limerick City and County Council’s administrative area, or operating substantially within Limerick City and County can apply for a Bursary in multiple art forms, including Visual Arts, Circus, Dance and Literature.
This scheme is in line with the Limerick Cultural Strategy Aim and Objective 1:
To grow Limerick’s cultural capacity by retaining and attracting creative practitioners to live and work in Limerick
- Support and develop the creativity of individual artists in Limerick through recognising the need to support the making and development of creative work as well as its presentation and exhibition.
- Encourage the highest standards of creativity and excellence in all aspects of cultural activities
Purpose of the Awards
The Individual Arts Bursary Awards scheme is to support professional artists to develop their artistic practice. It is designed to support the development of Limerick based professional artists through any means that will demonstratively contribute to an artist’s development such as:
- Costs relating to the production of a specific body of new artistic work - development of new work for exhibition, publication or presentation.
- Costs relating to improving your knowledge - research or short-term courses in Ireland or a structured mentoring relationship.
- Costs relating to improving your professional capacity – such as website development, on-line supports, or documentation.
- Other - or any purpose that contributes to the removal of existing barriers to an artist’s development.
Please read the Individual Arts Bursaries Award Scheme 2021 Eligibility Guidelines and Criteria carefully before applying. A copy is available in the supporting documents at the end of the page.
To make an application for the Individual Arts Bursary Awards Scheme 2021, click here.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 4pm, Wednesday 25 August, 2021.