Limerick City and County Council are pleased to announce an open call for applications to the Dolores O’Riordan Music Bursary.
Dolores O’Riordan Music Bursary Award 2021 is open for applications from Friday 16 July and closes at 4pm, Wednesday 25 August 2021.
Dolores O’Riordan, singer, songwriter and lead vocalist with The Cranberries, was one of Ireland’s most enduringly popular artists. This music bursary is an award to honour her memory and to support a Limerick professional musician to develop their career.
Limerick City and County Council invites applications from professional musicians who wish to be considered for a Bursary of up to €4,000 for the development of work/professional skills. Artists based in in Limerick City and County Council’s administrative area, or operating substantially within Limerick City and County can apply for a Bursary.
This scheme is in line with the Limerick Cultural Strategy Aim and Objective 1:
To grow Limerick’s cultural capacity by retaining and attracting creative practitioners to live and work in Limerick
- Support and develop the creativity of individual artists in Limerick through recognising the need to support the making and development of creative work as well as its presentation and exhibition
- Encourage the highest standards of creativity and excellence in all aspects of cultural activities
Purpose of the Awards
The Dolores O’Riordan Music Bursary Award scheme is to support professional musicians to develop their artistic practice. It is designed to support the development of Limerick based professional musicians through any means that will demonstratively contribute to an artist’s development such as:
- Costs relating to the production of a specific body of new artistic work -development of new work for performance, presentation or recording.
- Costs relating to improving your knowledge - research or short-term courses in Ireland or a structured mentoring relationship.
- Costs relating to improving your professional capacity – such as website development, or documentation.
- Other- or any purpose that contributes to the removal of existing barriers to an artist’s development.
Dolores O’Riordan Music Bursary Award is a maximum of €4,000. This is a competitive award and it is expected that many more applications will be received than it is possible for Limerick City and County Council to support.
Please read the Eligibility Guidelines and Criteria carefully before completing your application.
The application form for the Dolores O'Riordan Music Bursary Award 2021 is available to download in the supporting documents at the end of the page.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 4pm, Wednesday 25 August 2021.