Details of the 2022 Rounds of the Built Heritage Investment Scheme and the Historic Structures Fund have been announced by Mr. Malcolm Noonan, T.D., Minister of State for Heritage and Electoral Reform. The monies available are to assist owners and occupiers of recognised heritage buildings and structures undertake appropriate conservation works to their properties.
For Conservation Works to Protected Structures, Proposed Protected Structures, and Structures within Architectural Conservation Areas or the amenity of a National Monument.
The main points of the Scheme are as follows:
- Built Heritage Investment Scheme seeks to encourage the investment of private capital in small scale, labour intensive, conservation projects
- Qualifying buildings will include Protected Structures; Proposed Protected Structures (must be added to the Record of Protected Structures by 31/12/2022); Structures that contribute to the character of Architectural Conservation Areas
- Support the employment of skilled and experienced conservation professionals, craft workers and tradespeople
- Minimum award: €2,500. Max award: €15,000 to a standard maximum permissible benefit of 50% having regard to other publicly funded measures and initiatives
- Works approved under this scheme must meet all statutory requirements including the need for planning permission, where appropriate
Completed Application Forms (Form A), accompanied by all relevant supporting documentation, should be submitted to the Architectural Conservation Office, Planning and Environmental Services Department, Dooradoyle, Limerick V94 WV78.
Please Note: Limerick City and County Council has been allocated the sum of €188,800. Demand is likely to be high and a rigorous assessment process will be used to select projects for recommendation to the Minister of State for Heritage for approval.
Closing date for receipt of applications under the provisions of the Built Heritage Investment Scheme is 4pm on Friday 21st January 2022.
Further information and Application Packs for the Scheme are available from:
Architectural Conservation Office
Limerick City and County Council
Planning and Environmental Services
Limerick V94 WV78
Phone: +353 61 556323