Housing Assistance Payment (HAP)

Housing Assistance Payment (HAP) is a new social housing support. HAP will replace Rent Supplement for those with a long term housing need.

Am I eligible to apply?

Persons applying for HAP must be a qualified housing applicant(s) before they can apply. Click here for information on applying for council housing.

How does it work?

If you are eligible as an approved housing applicant, you must find your own private rented accommodation (within specific rent caps). The Local Authority will pay the landlord directly and the tenant will pay a rent to the local authority based on the differential rent scheme. The rent will be based on your weekly household income and works in a similar way to the differential rents charged for local authority houses.

See the attached Tenant & Landlord documents below for more detailed information.

HAP Shared Services Centre

For further details, please contact the HAP Shared Services Centre on +353 61 556000.

This service is provided by

Community Support Services

Phone +353 61 557140
Limerick City and County Council, Merchant's Quay, Limerick, V94 EH90