Cruinniú na nÓg returns to live events in Limerick next month, for the first time since 2019.
It takes place on Saturday 11th June and the Limerick Arts Office of Limerick City and County Council is very excited to see children, young people and families back at events across the city and county. They are encouraging young people to answer the call, to get out and enjoy the activities and have fun on Saturday 11th June!
All events are free of charge, child-centred and activity-based. It’s a day for doing, making and creating!
For the fifth year Limerick Arts Office is partnering with Fresh Film to deliver a programme of film-based activities for children and young people aged 0-18, as well as engaging in several national youth arts initiatives including Circus Explored, Youth Theatre Ireland Taster workshops and This Is Art, a national art competition.
Cruinniú na nÓg Limerick is in partnership with the Library Service, Hunt Museum, Music Generation, Irish Chamber Youth Orchestra, Limerick Youth Dance and Clare and Limerick Youth Arts Partnership to deliver a wide ranging and exciting programme for the day!
Pippa Little, Arts Officer, Limerick City and County Council said: “We are delighted to be partnering with Fresh Film to deliver this jam packed programme for the first in person Cruinniú na nÓg since 2019. There is plenty to come along and participate in. For the first time for Cruinniú na nÓg, People’s Park will have two free outdoor film screenings.
“New programme includes national initiatives with Youth Theatre Ireland taster workshops around the county with our Youth Theatres, Dance Ireland pop up Dances with Limerick Youth Dance and learning to juggle with the Irish Street Arts, Circus and Spectacle Network (ISACS). Cruinniú na nÓg offers a unique opportunity to celebrate creativity, to see creative work made by children and young people and to participate in the creative process.”
Cruinniú na nÓg is an national initiative that celebrates and encourages participation in culture and creativity through performance, coding, theatre, art and music workshops, readings, screenings, special events and much more.
It is about giving children and young people the opportunity to express themselves through a specially curated programme of cultural and creative activities where they can share their ideas, learn new skills and have fun!
- Optical Toys | 10am & 1pm | People's Museum, Pery Square
- Cruinniú Film Squad | 10am - 4pm | Various Locations
- County Limerick Youth Theatre Taster Workshops | 2pm & 3pm | Honey Fitz Theatre, Bruff, Co. Limerick
- Limerick Youth Theatre Taster Workshops | 2pm & 3.30pm | Limerick Youth Theatre, 73 O'Connell Street
- Mobile Technology for Digital Storytelling | 10am – 1pm |Hunt Museum, Rutland Street
- Lego Animation & VR | 1.30pm - 4.00pm | Fab Lab, UL City Campus, Sarsfield Street
- Limerick Youth Dance Performance | 1pm | People's Park
- Music Generation Teen Band Performance | 1.10pm | People’s Park
- Film: The Wizard of Oz | 11am – 12.30pm | People's Park
- Film: La La Land | 1.30pm - 4pm | People's Park
- Film: Not so silent short films with the Irish Chamber Orchestra Youth | 12pm - 1pm | Belltable, O'Connell Street
- Objects of Wonder Exhibition – Helium Arts | Limerick City Gallery of Art
- This is Art!
- Circus Explored