Details regarding the different meetings of Limerick City and County Council.
Limerick City and County Council officially became one local authority on 1st June 2014, following the amalgamation of Limerick City Council and Limerick County Council.
Following the 2014 local election 40 councillors were elected to Limerick's newly merged authority.
- For a full list of the Councillors please click here.
- A calendar of Council Meetings can be found here.
The new metropolitan and municipal districts were created following the 2014 local elections and the amalgamation.
Information on the meetings held by each district of Limerick City and County Council
Full Council Meetings
- Members: 40
- Mayor of the City and County of Limerick: Cllr. James Collins
- Deputy Mayor: Cllr. Michael Collins
- Meetings held bi-monthly (every two months) on the fourth Monday of the month at 3pm in Council Chamber, Dooradoyle.
- Members: 21
- Mayor: Cllr. Daniel Butler
- Deputy Mayor: Elenora Hogan
- Meetings held on the third Monday of every month at 9.45am in Merchant's Quay, Limerick.
Adare - Rathkeale Municipal District
- Members: 6
- Cathaoirleach: Cllr. Stephen Keary
- Meetings held on the second Tuesday of every month at 9am in Áras Sean Finn, New Line Road, Rathkeale, Co. Limerick.
Cappamore - Kilmallock Municipal District
- Members: 7
- Cathaoirleach: Cllr. William O'Donnell
- Meetings held on the third Thursday of every month at 3.30pm in Áras Mainchín Seoige, Millmount, Kilmallock, Co. Limerick.
Newcastle West Municipal District
- Members: 6
- Cathaoirleach: Cllr. Liam Galvin
- Meetings held on the first Wednesday of every month at 10am Áras William Smith OBrien, Gortboy, Newcastle West, Co. Limerick.