Details regarding the different meetings of Limerick City and County Council.
Limerick City and County Council officially became one local authority on 1st June 2014, following the amalgamation of Limerick City Council and Limerick County Council.
Following the 2014 local election 40 councillors were elected to Limerick's newly merged authority.
- For a full list of the councillors please click here.
- A calendar of Council Meetings can be found here.
The new metropolitan and municipal districts were created following the 2014 local elections and the amalgamation.
Information on the meetings held by each district of Limerick City and County Council
Full Council Meetings
- Members: 40
- Mayor of the City and County of Limerick: Cllr. Michael Sheahan
- Deputy Mayor: Cllr. Adam Teskey
- Meetings held bi-monthly (every two months) on the fourth Monday of the month at 3pm in Council Chamber, Dooradoyle, Limerick V94 WV78
Metropolitan District of Limerick
- Members: 21
- Cathaoirleach: Cllr. James Collins
- Meetings held on the third Monday of every month at 9.45am in Council Chamber, Merchant's Quay, Limerick V94 EH90
Adare - Rathkeale Municipal District
- Members: 6
- Cathaoirleach: Cllr. Kevin Sheahan
- Meetings held on the second Tuesday of every month at 9am in Áras Sean Finn, New Line Road, Rathkeale, Co. Limerick V94 HK1V
Cappamore - Kilmallock Municipal District
- Members: 7
- Cathaoirleach: Cllr. Michael Donegan
- Meetings held on the third Thursday of every month at 3.30pm in Áras Mainchín Seoige, Millmount, Kilmallock, Co. Limerick V35 K497
Newcastle West Municipal District
- Members: 6
- Cathaoirleach: Cllr. Jerome Scanlan
- Meetings held on the first Wednesday of every month at 10am in Áras William Smith O'Brien, Gortboy, Newcastle West, Co. Limerick V42 EH73
Please note: Meetings locations, dates and times can change on occasion. Please check the Council Calendar, click here.