Gortadroma Landfill site closed in 2014.
However, a waste & recycling centre is still in operation at the site.
Where you can find us:
Gortadroma, Ballyhahill, County Limerick (approximately 5 miles from the village of Shanagolden).
Phone: +353 69 82339.
Opening hours: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., including lunch time, Tuesday to Thursday inclusive.
Closed : Friday to Monday inclusive.
Waste Types Accepted:
- Black Bag Waste (Household Waste).
- Bulky Waste - Mattresses, Beds, Sofas, Chairs,Tables, Carpets, Plastic Toys, Untreated Timber, Empty Plastic Drums & Containers.
Waste Disposal Charges:
- Minimum Charge = €20 per car.
- All other vehicles = Pay by weight.
- €240 per tonne inclusive of VAT @ 13.5%.
- We do not accept credit or laser cards.
Recycling Items Accepted:
- Mixed Metals.
- Newspapers / Magazines.
- Plastic Bottles.
- Glass Bottles.
- Food Cans & Drink Cans.
Recycling Charges: €5.68 Per Car, €12.00 Per Car & Trailer / Light Van.
The following materials are also accepted at Gortadroma:
Garden Waste (Hedge & Tree Clippings) - €40 Per Tonne.
Large Waste Electrical & Electronic Equipment (WEEE) , i.e. Washing Machines, Cookers and Fridge / Freezers Only) - Free Of Charge.