Urban Innovation Limerick – Innovating to transform urban living and working.
The Urban Innovation Department is based in the Limerick City and County Council Office in Dooradoyle and is spearheading a number of innovative new projects within the urban area.
- Georgian Neighbourhood Limerick
- Living City Initiative Limerick
- Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR)
Georgian Neighbourhood Limerick
A number of innovations are being spearheaded in the Georgian Neighbourhood. As well as being a great place to live, the Neighbourhood also introduces residents to new modes of urban living. Clik here for more.
Limerick is one of two EU ‘lighthouse’ cities that have been selected for a major climate-change pilot programme that will give a lead to the rest of Europe on how to dramatically reduce the carbon footprint of urban areas. Click here for more.
Living City Initiative Limerick
The Living City Initiative is a scheme of property tax incentives designed to regenerate both historic buildings and other buildings in Limerick. Click here for more.
Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR)
SBIR is a mechanism which enables public sector bodies to connect with innovative ideas and technology businesses, to provide innovative solutions for specific public sector challenges and needs. Click here for more.
What we can do for you?
For anyone considering renovating or refurbishing a Georgian building, we have a number of measures in place to make this process easier.
- One-stop-shops, where we bring together Council officials (conservation officers, fire officers, area planners, architects, energy engineers etc.) to review your property and offer advice
- Matchmaking, where we match willing property owners with interested developers who can bring financial viability to their plans for upgrading buildings.
- Grants and incentive schemes, including the Living Cities Initiative Scheme which provides various tax breaks on the costs of refurbishment.
To contact us or to book into one of our frequently run one-stop-shops or clinics contact:
Urban Innovation Department
Phone: +353 61 556000