Limerick City and County Council has agreed to allocate funding in 2023 to support small and medium businesses operating in Limerick City and County.
The rebate will be paid as a financial support to occupiers of commercial properties with total annual Commercial Rates bills of up to and including €30,000 in 2023, subject to terms and conditions.
The support payment, aimed specifically at small and medium-sized enterprises, is set at 13.5% of the annual cost of commercial rates for the rated occupier up to a maximum of €1500.
Terms and Conditions of the Scheme
Applicants must occupy a commercially rated property in Limerick City or County which meets the following criteria;
- Total commercial rates invoice(s) to a maximum of €30,000 in 2023.
- The Commercial Rates relating to the relevant account must be paid in full by 31st July 2023 if using any payment method other than Direct Debit.
- Applicants paying by Direct Debit are eligible provided the commercial rates account is paid in full by 31st December 2023.
- The application form is on-line only.
- The application form is available at www.limerick.ie/council/SME-Application-Form-2023.
- Pipeline, Mast/Antenna, Generating Station, Advertising Station, Global Valuations and ATMS
- Accounts where the total commercial rates charge is more than €30,000
- Vacant Property
- Non occupiers applications (landlords)
How to Apply
Applications can be made online only, click here.
Processing of Support Application
Support payments will be processed on receipt of a completed application with confirmation of payment of commercial rates as per the terms and conditions listed above.
Successful applicants will be paid via electronic funds transfer to the existing supplier bank account on Council record. You will be notified via email about your payment.