Limerick City and County Council has agreed to allocate funding in 2019 to support small and medium businesses operating in Limerick city and county.
The rebate will be paid as a financial support to occupiers of commercial properties with total annual Commercial Rates bills of up to and including €25,000 in 2019, subject to terms and conditions.
The support payment, aimed specifically at small and medium-sized enterprises, is set at 9% of the annual cost of commercial rates for the rated occupier up to a maximum of €1000.
Applicants must occupy a commercially rated property in Limerick City or County which meets the following criteria;
- Total commercial rates invoice(s) to a maximum of €25,000 in 2019.
- The Commercial Rates relating to the relevant account must be paid in full by 31st July 2019 - this date applies if using any payment method other than Direct Debit.
- Applicants paying by Direct Debit are eligible provided the commercial rates account is paid in full by 31st December 2019.
- Form to be returned by 12th July 2019
- Pipeline, Mast/Antenna, Generating Station, Advertising Station, Global Valuations and ATMS
- Accounts where the total commercial rates charge is more than €25,000
- Vacant Property
- Non occupiers applications (landlords)
Applications can be made in writing to:
SME Support Scheme
Limerick City and County Council
or emailed to SMEgrant@limerick.ie
Support payments will be processed on receipt of a completed application with confirmation of payment of commercial rates as per the terms and conditions listed above.
Successful applicants will be paid via electronic funds transfer to the existing supplier bank account on council record. If you have never previously received a grant and are not set up as a council supplier please pay special attention to the SME form e.g. documents required and full contact details as you will be notified via email about your payment prior to transfer.