A new marketing campaign, promoting Limerick city centre as the place for students to go, has been launched by the Marketing & Communications Department of Limerick City and County Council.
Students will suffer serious bouts of FOMO if they don’t leave their college campuses and hop on a bus or walk into the city centre, as there is so much to see and do in the heart of Limerick.
The new campaign has been unveiled as more than 24,000 students start the new college year at Limerick’s third level institutions of University of Limerick, Limerick Institute of Technology, Mary Immaculate College, LIT Limerick School of Art and Design, Griffith College, Limerick College of Further Education and Central College Limerick.
In addition, Limerick will be home to thousands of international students over the next 12 months as they enjoy their study time abroad.
This year’s marketing campaign seeks to raise awareness amongst students about all there is to see and do in Limerick and encourage them to experience life off campus.
Among the elements of the students marketing campaign 2019/ 2020 are:
- A social media campaign targeting Limerick’s third level students including collaborations with UL, MIC, LIT/LSAD, and Griffith College
- A Limerick Student City Map is available on Limerick.ie and will be distributed on campus, highlighting the top student hot spots and bites on a budget
- A handy guide of Limerick’s Top 10 Insta Spots for those grid-worthy photos
- Tailored digital content on Limerick.ie including a helpful transport guide ‘From Campus to City’
- During Freshers’ weeks throughout September, Limerick.ie will be on campus with loads of giveaways, all the while raising awareness of Limerick and encouraging students to visit the city centre
- Over the course of the college year, there will be a series of student giveaways on Limerick.ie’s social media channels
Laura Ryan, Head of Marketing & Communications with Limerick City and County Council said: “Over the past number of months we have carried out extensive research and consultation with students and the colleges to listen to them and see what their needs are and we believe we have come up with an exciting campaign focused mainly on social media aimed at students in Limerick.”
“Students have a unique energy and bring vibrancy to wherever they are. We want to capitalise on this and add that joie de vivre to the heart of Limerick city centre. It is exciting times for students in Limerick with UL’s recent announcement that it is moving into Sarsfield Street. This means all of Limerick’s third level colleges will have a presence in the city centre.”
The overall campaign aims to increase traffic to the Learning in Limerick section on Limerick.ie as well as growing the number of students following and engaging with our social media accounts Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
For more information check out Limerick.ie and follow them on social media.
Use the hashtags #ThisIsLimerick and #LimerickStudentCity