Limerick City and County Council wishes to inform citizens that all its public offices are closed until further notice, following direction from the government. This is to help in the prevention of the spread of Covid-19 Coronavirus.
Staff from the Council are continuing to work to provide essential services to the people of Limerick during this time.
They can be contacted:
- Telephone: 061 556000
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online: Through 'My Limerick’ on www.limerick.ie
However, a number of services have to be curtailed due to social/ physical distancing and other guidance from the government and health experts.
- Housing Maintenance - Essential maintenance only, please see here for more details.
- Housing Aid Grants - Housing Adaptation Grant Scheme, Mobility Adaptation Grant Scheme and Housing Aid for Older Persons Grant Scheme – New procedures have been implemented, please see here for more details.
- Thermal Upgrades - Work has been deferred until a later date.
- Gortadroma Civic Amenity site open to the public on Wednesdays only (regular hours of 9am to 3pm (closed for lunch 1pm - 1.30pm).
- Reduced rosters for Street Cleaning to reflect reduced usage and demand
- Dog Control as required on a call-out basis. Horse Control remains in place.
- Road Maintenance - Emergency and Winter Maintenance Only.
- Flood Defence Maintenance - as required
- Housing Matters such as Allocations, RAS, Leasing - Emergency situations only
- Parks remain open but playgrounds and skate parks are closed (you must obey social/ physical distancing and other guidance, including only being 2kms from home)
- Restrictions at Lough Gur (certain narrow walkways and toilet facilities are closed. You must obey social/ physical distancing and other guidance including only being 2kms from home).
- Planning - Applications are still being accepted by Limerick City and County Council by post or hand delivered to our office in Dooradoyle following an appointment. Please ring 061 556556 for an appointment. By government directive, an additional 23 days has been added to the statutory time period for processing of applications.
- Motor Tax services can be accessed online here or applications that are posted to our offices will be processed.
All our Civic Amenity sites in Kilmallock, Mungret and Newcastle West remain open to the public, operating their normal opening hours. Again, please practice social/ physical distancing.
Burials in Council-operated cemeteries are continuing as normal. However, strict physical distancing precautions are in place around open plots and access during burial is restricted.
Limerick Covid-19 Community Response continues to operate with volunteers around the city and county to help ensure that elderly and/ or vulnerable members of our community can access deliveries of groceries, medicine and fuels and can avail of social care supports, if needed.
The Limerick Covid-19 Community Response helpline number is 1800 832 005.
All of these measures are being put in place to ensure that essential services are provided and that we are helping to minimise the spread of Covid-19.
Limerick City and County Council will continue to work for the people of Limerick during this crisis period, while also supporting the HSE in its work.