Limerick City and County Council has announced a revision of its organisational structure. The changes will come into effect on 01 July 2018.
This follows a review of the last four years of the amalgamated council by Chief Executive, Conn Murray.
The existing directorates and functions have been re-aligned in response to both local and national priorities resulting in directorates focusing on Housing Development and Capital Investment. The positions have been filled within the existing compliment of Directors.
A number of services have been re-aligned to reflect these changes and are outlined below.
The eight directorates at Limerick City and County Council are:
The Strategic Directorates:
- Economic Development - Dr Pat Daly, Director and Deputy Chief Executive
- Physical Development - Brian Kennedy, Director
- Social Development - Gordon Daly, Director
- (NEW) Housing Development - Aoife Duke, Director
The Operational and Support Directorates:
- Service Operations - Kieran Lehane, Director
- (NEW) Capital Investment (Design and Delivery of capital projects) - Joe Delaney, Director
- Support Services - Sean Coughlan, Director
- National and Regional Shared Services Centres - Caroline Curley, Director
Chief Executive of Limerick City and County Council Conn Murray said: “One of the strengths of the new authority has been our capacity to respond to the needs and demands of our changing environment and this re-focusing is a direct result of that. These changes are being implemented to allow the council to adapt to the new challenges that lie ahead over the next decade.”
The New Organisational Structure:
- Economic Development Directorate: Economic Planning - Strategic & Forward Planning; Limerick Enterprise Office; Innovate Limerick; Digital Strategy; Marketing & Communications
- Physical Development Directorate: Travel & Transportation Strategy; Environment Strategy; Water Services; Mid West Road Design Office
- Social Development Directorate: Community & Tourism Development; Culture & Arts; Libraries, Gallery & Museum; Urban & Village Renewal; Limerick Sports Partnership
- Housing Development Directorate: Housing Strategy Implementation ‘Rebuilding Ireland Action Plan for Housing & Homelessness’; Regeneration Strategy Implementation
- Service Operations Directorate: Housing Support Services; Planning & Environmental Services; Operations & Maintenance Services; Veterinary Services
- Capital Investment Directorate: Design and Delivery; Property Services
- Support Services: Finance Services; ICT Services; Human Resources; Corporate Services & Governance; Customer Services; Business Improvement
- National and Regional Shared Services Centres: Housing Assistance Payments (HAP) Shared Services Centre; Southern Region Waste Management Office; Fire & Emergency Services
The executives in charge of the metropolitan and municipal districts remain unchanged.
- Metropolitan District – Kieran Lehane
- Adare –Rathkeale Municipal District – Caroline Curley
- Cappamore Kilmallock Municipal District- Sean Coughlan
- Newcastle West Municipal District – Gordon Daly
The chief executive also announced new appointments at senior executive officer level following a recruitment competition. These appointments include Rob Lowth (Service Operations - Housing Support Services), Sean McGlynn (Housing Development – Regeneration Strategy Implementation), James Clune, (Support Services - Corporate), and Elaine O’Connor (Support Services - HR/Business Improvement).