Six wildcards have been chosen to compete in the final of the Limerick Going for Gold Tidy Towns category.
Judging has been completed with six groups selected as wildcards to compete in the grand final. Whittling the wildcards down to six was an incredibly difficult job for the Limerick Going for Gold Judges, Richard Barry, Tallanstown, Co. Louth and Michael Griffin from Limerick.
The six groups to go forward as wildcards are:
- Adare Tidy Towns
- Ardpatrick Tidy Towns
They will join the groups selected by Public Vote on Live 95’s Limerick Today programme:
- Newcastle West
The Grand Final of Limerick Going for Gold takes place in the Limerick Strand Hotel on 13th October 2022.
This year the competition has had a mini overhaul following consultation with groups over the winter period.
Over €60,000 will be distributed over six categories in this year’s competition:
- Tidy Towns Category - must have entered Tidy Towns 2019 national competition
- Limerick Bee Friendly in Bloom open to all Tidy Towns groups who have not won a prize in Tidy Towns category, plus groups who did not enter Tidy Towns 2022 or do not have a group
- Residential Areas - estates and similar areas
- Endeavour Award - Group that has come to the Judges’ attention and deemed worthy of an endeavour award
- Reuse Award - Limerick City and County Council sponsor this prize. It will be awarded to a group or organisation involved in Reuse
- Best Front Garden Category - Sponsored by the Parkway Shopping Centre
Limerick Going for Gold is run by Limerick City and County Council with sponsorship from JP McManus Charitable Foundation. It is supported by Live 95, the Limerick Leader, Limerick Post, I Love Limerick, Limerick City Centre Tidy Towns, Southern Media Marketing Design and the Parkway Shopping Centre.