As part of the ongoing initial consultation process at the start of the new Limerick Development Plan, Limerick City and County Council is hosting a webinar to outline to members of the public what the plan is about and how people can get involved.
The webinar is being hosted by Senior Planner Maria Woods, Head of Forward/ Strategic Planning with the local authority and in charge of the Limerick Development Plan.
Anyone who is interested can join the webinar this Thursday 17 Sept at 7pm. The link for the WebEx webinar is here. There is no requirement to pre-register.
The webinar will be recorded and uploaded onto Limerick.ie following the event for others to view.
The Limerick Development Plan sets out the overall strategy for the proper planning and sustainable development of the city and county.
It sets out the policy framework and a Core Strategy, within which development throughout Limerick will be carried out over the six-year period of the plan within the context of the national, regional framework of strategies and guidelines.
The Limerick Development Plan will set out the strategic spatial vision and future direction for Limerick from 2022 to 2028.
In order to stimulate debate and encourage participation in this process an Issues Paper has been prepared and is available for inspection at the following locations, during normal opening hours up to an including Monday 12 October:
- Limerick City and County Council Headquarters, Merchant’s Quay, Limerick
- Limerick City and County Council, Dooradoyle, Limerick
- Limerick City and County Council Municipal District Offices in Kilmallock, Newcastle West and Rathkeale
- Limerick Libraries that are currently open to the public - Adare; Dooradoyle; Kilmallock; Newcastle West and Watch House Cross
- Online at limerick.ie/limerick-development-plan
In addition to the Issues Paper, a number of background papers have been prepared in relation to key themes and these papers are available to view and download from the website, or viewed in the venues identified above with the Issues Paper.
Following on from the webinar, we are urging people to make submissions to the plan. We want to know what is your vision for Limerick!
Submissions can be sent:
- Online: through the Council’s Consultation Portal MyPoint
- Email: email@example.com
- Post: Forward/ Strategic Planning, Economic Development Directorate Limerick City and County Council, Merchant’s Quay, Limerick, V94 EH90
More information about the Limerick Development Plan is available on limerick.ie/limerick-development-plan.