The Government has announced details of the Business Restart Grant Plus scheme. This scheme allows for €300m to be invested in helping certain businesses to meet the costs associated with reopening and reemploying workers due to the significant challenges arising from the Covid-19 pandemic.
The Grant will be available to businesses that can satisfy the following criteria:
- Be a commercial, trading, entity
- Operate from a premises that is commercially rateable by a local authority
- Have 0 - 250 employees
- Have a turnover of less than €100k per employee to a maximum of €25m
- Have suffered a 25%+ loss in turnover between 1 April and 30 June 2020
- Commit to remain open or to reopen if closed; and
- Intend to retain employees that are on The Temporary Wage Subsidy Scheme (TWSS)
The grant is a contribution towards the cost of re-opening or keeping a business operational and re-connecting with employees and customers. The grant could be used to defray ongoing fixed costs, e.g. utilities, insurance, refurbishment or for measures to ensure employee and customer safety.
At a glance
- Scheme opens for applications on Monday 10th August 2020 through Limerick City and County Council and all other local authorities
- Direct grant aid of between €4,000 minimum and €25,000 based on commercial rates bill from 2019
- Scheme applies to businesses that have a turnover of less than €100k, per employee to a maximum of €25M
Please Note: If you have already been paid a grant under the Restart Grant Scheme, you do not need to complete a new application. The Council will contact you to confirm if you wish to opt-in to the Restart Grant Plus scheme. The Council will liaise with you, in the event that any additional information is required to complete your application under the Restart Grant Plus scheme.
Business Restart Grant Plus Application - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Frequently Asked Questions in relation to the scheme can be viewed here.