Situated at the gateway to Ireland’s Wild Atlantic Way, Limerick has a huge number of attractions and activities and a rich history and heritage. It’s also an ideal base for exploring Ireland’s longest touring route within easy reach of Cork, Kerry, Clare and Galway with plenty of great value hotel accommodation.
Limerick has an abundance of indoor and outdoor attractions and experiences which give visitors great options, whatever the weather, along with a diverse range of food experiences and great entertainment options for evening time.
Limerick is a West of Ireland city that is reinventing itself. It embodies the charm and culture of Ireland’s west coast while also boasting an edgy music scene, a vibrant arts community, high quality food offering, and historical built heritage to rival any European destination.
Four easy to navigate tours (Limerick City, The Golden Vale Drive, West Limerick Drive and the Shannon Estuary Way) showcase some of Limerick’s inimitable culture, heritage and unique experiences and activities. Visitors can explore a rich tapestry of castles and cathedrals, magnificent Medieval, Georgian and modern architecture and scenic countryside as well as buzzing urban streetscapes and action packed activities and attractions.
With four easy to navigate tours, bringing you through one of Ireland’s richest and most diverse visitor experiences, Limerick is also a beautifully central, inexpensive base from which to tour Ireland and the spectacular Wild Atlantic Way.
In high season, in particular, the Wild Atlantic Way books up quickly and there is a demand for high quality accommodation that offers good value close to the route. Limerick has the capacity to meet this need especially during the summer months.
Plan your route...
- Limerick City to The Cliffs of Moher, Co. Clare | 1 hour 13 mins | Route
- Limerick City to Lahinch Beach, Co. Clare | 1 hour 2 mins | Route
- Limerick City to Kilkee Beach, Co. Clare | 1 hour 18 mins | Route
- Limerick City to Spanish Point Beach, Co. Clare | 1 hour 3 mins | Route
- Limerick City to Killarney, Co. Kerry | 1 hr 37 min | Route
- Limerick City to Ballybunnion Beach, Co. Kerry | 1 hr 19 min | Route
- Limerick City to Ballyheigue Beach, Co. Kerry | 1 hr 33 min | Route
- Limerick City to Beale Strand, Co. Kerry | 1 hr 15 min | Route
- Limerick City to Galway | 1 hr 21 min | Route