Provides support, education and information to individuals, families and communities who are impacted by or concerned about depression and related disorders.
Aware offers a range of support services aimed at helping people to acknowledge their thoughts and feelings, and focus on helpful actions:
- Support Groups – nationwide, see www.aware.ie
- Support Line – 1800 80 48 48 (Freephone)
- Support Mail – email@example.com
The organisation also offers positive mental health programmes. These include:
- Life Skills – FREE programmes based on principles of cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) GROUP and ONLINE programmes available, including dates in Limerick
- Beat the Blues – free programmes for students aged 15-18
- Wellness@Work – programmes aimed at helping employees and managers deal with challenges and minimise the impact on the workplace
Aware also offers extensive information and resources on its website, including a bank of lectures on related topics, from experts in the area of mental health. See www.aware.ie.
Limerick support group meets every Wednesday @ 8pm in The Redemptorist Community Building, Mount St. Alphonsus, South Circular Road. (Free to attend; no referral is needed)
72 Lower Leeson Street,
Support Line: 10am-10pm, Seven days a week
Limerick Support Group – Wednesdays 8pm-9.30pm