The beauty of Limerick is that it is so easy to navigate. Most of the city’s main attractions are within walking distance of each other but an excellent public transport system will easily help you get to where you want to go further afield.
1. Get stuck into a city cycle adventure with TFI Bikes
Cycling is a fun, fast and eco-friendly way to nip around the city, with plenty of cycle paths to help you get around. Check out bikeshare.ie to buy a pass, find your closest TFI bike station and get pedalling to your heart’s content!
2. Explore Ballyhoura via the new Ballyhoura Trails Guide App
The Ballyhoura Trails Guide App is your personal guide to discover the trails of Ballyhoura Country, where a whole world of outdoor adventure awaits!
3. Go Fishing in scenic Castleconnell with Paddle Away
As a result of our temperate summers, mild winters and moderate rainfall, Limerick is an ideal fishing destination. Take a guided fishing tour with Paddle Away and reel in your catch of the day!
4. Set off on Limerick’s most popular walking route: The Three Bridges Walk
One of the best ways to discover Limerick is on foot. The Three Bridges Walk takes in some of Limerick city’s most famous landmarks and has become a firm favourite with visitors and locals alike. Top tip: keep your eyes peeled for some incredible street art!
5. Brush up on your Limerick history on one of our walking tours
If you’re showing up to Limerick with no *real* idea what makes this place so interesting, then taking a walking tour really is the best way to go. It’s the fastest (and easiest!) way to get the run down on the city’s historical gossip.
6. Canter through the beautiful Ballyhoura countryside on horse back
Set in picturesque countryside, saddle up and experience leisurely, pleasure-ly horse riding at Ballyhoura Horse Trekking.
7. Download the Adventure Walks Limerick App and bring the family on a treasure hunt
8. Take a self-guided driving tour of the spectacular Shannon Estuary Way
Travel at your own pace and either stop for the headliners or veer off the beaten path – it’s completely up to you. The Shannon Estuary Way takes in some of Limerick’s most spectacular and unspoiled riverside scenery and forms a longer 207km looped drive on the Wild Atlantic Way, which brings you through our neighbouring counties of Clare and Kerry too.
9. See more of lovely Limerick on a Retro Ventures motorcycle, sidecar or scooter
The roaring sound of the engine, the cool wind, the open road and the endless possibilities. Exploring Limerick on two wheels is one of the best ways to experience our stunning natural landscapes. Experience the ultimate riding adventure for yourself this summer. Discover More.
10. Test your stamina on the tallest indoor Rock Climbing wall in Ireland at UL
Build stamina, strength and confidence at Ireland’s highest indoor climbing wall in the home of sport at the University of Limerick.
11. Try your hand at Stand Up Paddle Boarding or Kayaking in Lough Gur
If calm, serene and mystical places are more your speed, the tranquil surroundings of Lough Gur are the perfect spot for a paddle.
The Vikings founded Limerick in 922 and they were well up for a summer celebration. Since then, we’ve had 11 centuries to perfect the art of the brilliant summer and we think this one will be our best yet. Head straight to Limerick.ie/11 to find out more and plan your break.
Join the #Limerick11 Story
Want to see your most Instagrammable summer in Limerick photos in one of our galleries? Post your Limerick shots on IG using #Limerick11 and you just might find it here in the future!