Abbeyfeale is the second largest town in the county of Limerick. This historical market town is pleasantly situated on the river Feale in the foothills of the Mullaghareirk Mountains which is a great spot for fishing.
The main feature of the square in Abbeyfeale is the statue of Fr. William Casey, a local parish priest from 1883 to 1907 who helped the tenant farmers fight against their landlords.
The local GAA club which was established in 1884 is named after the famous priest and they are one of the most successful clubs in Limerick Gaelic Games. The town is famous for its traditional music festivals (Fleadh by the Feale) which are held annually.
The availability of sports clubs, a leisure centre and a selection of outdoor pursuits such as walking and cycling along the Great Southern Trail (restored railway line) as well as horse riding, shooting, fishing and a go-karting track ensures that Abbeyfeale is an attractive location to live and work.
Abbeyfeale Town Park was developed on the banks of the river Feale. The park has meandering walkways adjacent to the river, which also takes in the idyllic views of the surrounding countryside. Also included in the park is a playground to entertain younger locals and visitors and an all weather mini-pitch.