Monday 9th November 2015: Limerick retailers continue to be at the forefront of driving customer excellence in Ireland with 4 of the county’s leading stores recognised at the Retail Excellence Ireland Awards 2016 in association with Barclaycard.
Publish Date: Monday 9th November 2015
Limerick retailers continue to be at the forefront of driving customer excellence in Ireland with 4 of the county’s leading stores recognised at the Retail Excellence Ireland Awards 2016 in association with Barclaycard.
Following hundreds of entries Retail Excellence Ireland awarded the best in class winners in key sector groups with the Limerick award winners being Hook & Ladder, Sarsfield Street which won Best National Artisan Food Store 2016, O’Donnell Boutique, Catherine Street which won Best National Ladies Fashion Store 2016, Compu b, O’Connell Street and Tadhg Kearney Jewellers, Thomas Street, who won Best National Electronics & Tech Store 2016 and Best National Jewellery Store 2016 respectively.
Reaffirming Limerick as a growth area in retail David Fitzsimons, CEO, Retail Excellence Ireland said ‘Limerick continues to build on the investment it has received over the last number of years and Limerick retailers are at the fore of delivering superb service with state of the art premises. The highest standard of service, customer engagement, display and levels of investment amongst Irish retailers made choosing this year’s winners particularly difficult, that said the achievement by Limerick retailers was second to none. To have four of the best stores in Ireland in one city is an incredible accolade for the city’.
The Awards were co-presented on Saturday night (7th November) by RTE’s Hector Ó hEochagáin and sports presenter Evanne Ni Chuilinn. The sell-out event was attended by more than 500 representatives of the retail industry in Ireland. The Awards are the biggest event in the Irish retail industry calendar.
The award winners are -
NATIONAL STORE OF THE YEAR:
- National Store of the Year & Best Furniture & Flooring Store 2016 – TileStyle, Ballymount, Dublin 24
- Top5 Store of the Year 2016 – The Store @ Guinness Storehouse
- Top5 Store of the Year & Best Butcher Store 2016 - James Whelan Butchers, Monkstown, Co Dublin
- Top5 Store of the Year & Best Health & Beauty Store 2016 - L’Occitane en Provence, Oliver Plunkett St, Cork
- Top5 Store of the Year 2016 – Tony Kealys, Belfast
- Best Forecourt Store 2016 – Topaz, Cashel, Tipperary
- Best Artisan Food Store 2016 – Hook & Ladder, Sarsfield Street, Limerick
- Best Menswear Store 2016 – Galvin Tullamore, Tullamore
- Best Grocery Store 2016 – Joyces Supermarket, Headford, Galway
- Best Restaurant & Coffee House 2016 – Kay’s Kitchen, Blanchardstown
- Best Pharmacy Store 2016 – Hickey’s Pharmacy, Ballincollig, Cork
- Best Pet Store 2016 – Maxi Zoo, Liffey Valley, Dublin
- Best Home, Gift & Interiors Store 2016 – The Kilkenny Shop, Newbridge, Kildare
- Best Ladies Fashion Store 2016 – O’Donnell Boutique, Limerick
- Best Garden Centre 2016 – Horkans Garden & Lifestyle Centre, Castlebar
- Best Electronics & Tech Store 2016 – CompuB, Limerick
- Best Footwear Store 2016 – Gosh Shoes, Galway
- Best DIY & Agri Store 2016 – Homeland, Swinford, Mayo
- Best Opticians Store 2016 – Mullingar Opticians, Mullingar, Westmeath
- Best Jewellery Store 2016 – Tadhg Kearney Jewellers, Limerick
- Rising Star of the Year 2016 – Brendan Lydon, Nestor’s Supervalu, Galway
- Store Manager of the Year 2016 – Fran Lawlor, The Orchard, Celbridge, Kildare
- Best Small Company of the Year 2016 & Overall National Company of the Year 2016 – Arboretum, Carlow
- Best Medium Company of the Year 2016 – Kay’s Kitchen, Dublin
- Best Large Company of the Year 2016 – ARI The Loop, Dublin Airport
- Website of the Year 2016 – Harveynorman.ie
- Supplier of the Year 2016 – DPD, Athlone, County Westmeath