Limerick Library Branches will close from 5pm, Wednesday 23rd December, until further notice due to Covid Level 5 restrictions.
Limerick Library's hugely popular online eServices will continue to be provided with free access to eBooks, newspapers, magazines, local history, language learning courses, Decade of Centenaries digital exhibitions and storytime, all from the comfort of your home!
These services include FREE online newspapers, magazines, eBooks, eAudiobooks, online classes and language courses.
Check out the fantastic range of services that are instantly available to all library members. If you are not currently a member, you can register online here.
Thousands of online national and international newspapers are available free of charge. Joining is easy!
- Download PressReader app (for apple/android) or go to pressreader.com
- Click Sign in – then “Library or Group” (a list of libraries will open) – type in Limerick and click on the result. Enter your library card number/barcode.
- This will give you 30 days access. After 30 days – log out and log back in using the same method.
- Happy Reading!
You can access over 50,000 eBooks & eAudiobooks free of charge. These include titles for all ages. A range of custom settings are available that can greatly assist readers who have, for example, dyslexia or a hearing/visual impairment.
- Install the free BorrowBox app
- Select Limerick City and County Library
- Enter library card number and PIN
- Read, listen and enjoy!
100’s of FREE magazines such as Hello!, National Geographic, Time, Grazia, Woman's Weekly, Cosmopolitan, Ideal Home, Good Food and many, many, more…..
- Download the RBdigital app or view online here
- Click ‘register’
- Select your country, then select Limerick City and County Library
- Enter your library card number and create a username and password
- That's it, you're all set up!
Transparent Language Courses
Over 125 language courses to explore!
- Transparent Languages is accessed through the RBdigital app.
- Log into RBdigital – click on the link for Transparent Languages
- You are ready to explore language options!
Over 500 FREE online courses! Universal Class courses are available in accounting, business, psychology, exercise and fitness, entrepreneurship, arts and music, home and garden care, cooking, computers and technology, health and medicine, writing skills, law and legal, parenting and family, pet and animal care…plus 100’s more! Instructors will guide you through your learning experience with engaging video-based instructional classes.
- Click on this link to register/sign in to Universal Class.
- Follow the instructions to set up your account, using your library card and PIN
- Enjoy exploring new skills and expanding your knowledge!
Local History Service
If you are interested in Local Studies, a comprehensive collection of books, journals, newspapers and audio-visual material built up over the years, details can be viewed on the library catalogue. Many online services are available for researching the history of Limerick.
Click here to access Local Studies.
Decade of Centenaries
Limerick City and County Council will continue to deliver the Decade of Centenaries programme in 2021, with events moving to an online format. The focus of the programme is to promote a deeper understanding of the historical events of the period, with particular emphasis on experiences in Limerick.
For information on 2020 events and upcoming 2021 events, click here.
Limerick Library Videos
The monthly meeting of the Little Readers group from Kilmallock Library have moved online as librarian Noreen brings you a reading of 'A Bit Lost' by Chris Haughton #SpringIntoStorytime