Limerick Greenway Access Points
Main access points to the Limerick Greenway:
- Rathkeale: The old railway station which is now the Irish Palatine Museum. It is accessed from the R518 roundabout, just south of the N21 and near the Catholic Church (look for the large spire!).
- Ardagh: The entrance is at the railway bridge on the local L7001 road which links the N21 with the R523. Parking is available at the community Centre 200m from the railway bridge.
- Newcastle West: There are two entrances here. One is at Bishop Court (off Bishop Street in the town centre) and the other near Gaelscoil Ó Dóghair/Recycling Centre on the R521.
- Templeglantine: Park the car at Halla Inse Bán which is on the local L21006 road directly opposite the church. The greenway is accessed 1km north along this local road. Devon Road: At the Devon Road Cross turn north off the N21/R515 junction and travel along the L7059 where Tullig Wood is clearly visible to the right.
- Abbeyfeale: In the town centre turn right from the N21 onto the R524 Athea Road. You will see the old station on the right after 1km (adjacent to the ‘Railway Bar’).