Introduced by Liz Nolan, RTÉ Lyric FM, Limerick Arts Office presents Leon McCawley.
One of Britain’s foremost pianists, Leon McCawley won first prize in the 1993 International Beethoven Piano Competition in Vienna and second prize at the Leeds International Piano Competition the same year.
An acclaimed exponent of Mozart, he has performed and recorded the complete cycle of Mozart piano sonatas in winning interpretations.
Leon McCawley contrasts and interweaves early and late works of great keyboard composers. The programme also includes the first piano work of the Viennese emigré composer Hans Gál (1890-1987) whose complete piano music McCawley has championed and recorded.
- Haydn Sonata in G major, Hob XVI/40
- Schubert Sonata in C minor, D958
- Schumann Abegg Variations, Op. 1
- Hans Gál Three Sketches, Op. 7
- Brahms 4 Klavierstücke, Op. 119
- Chopin Polonaise-Fantasie, Op. 61
Click here to download the Castleconnell Autumn Concert Series Programme.