We are an association of professional tour guides located across the length and breadth of Ireland. GuideFest is a series of free tours over the holiday weekend of 24th to 26th October. GuideFest tours will be delivered by ATGI (Approved Tourist Guides of Ireland).
Join Ray Cullinan and explore on foot the history of Seven Bridges of the riverside city of Limerick. How they have shaped the development and expansion of the city over the centuries.
Marvel at the stunning views from the boardwalks and waterside walkways.
Discover the changing architectural landscape from castles and cathedrals to modern office blocks, penthouse apartments and hotels.
The route begins in the Medieval Quarter of Limerick City outside the Locke Bar on George’s Quay.
It will take in four crossings over the Abbey River - the 4 Bridges of Baal’s, Abbey, O’Dwyer and Mathew respectively.
The three crossings over the River Shannon, namely Sarsfield, Shannon and Thomond Bridges respectively. En route you will see the landmark buildings of Barrington’s Hospital, St.Mary’s Church, St.Mary’s Cathedral, The Hunt Museum, Limerick City Quays (former Docks area) Limerick Boat Clubs, modern architectural hotels and apartments, the former Franciscan Church - now housing the Limerick City Museum, the Treaty Stone, St. Munchin’s Churches, the former Bishop’s Palaces, King John’s Castle, the Treaty, Brewery, the Alms Houses, the Wild Geese Memorial, City Hall, the Old Courthouse and the Potato Market.
- Difficulty: easy - all level
- Pre-booking is essential and HSE guidelines will have to be followed at all times
- Social distancing guidelines need to be respected at all times
- Wearing a facemask is essential for indoor environments and advisable outdoors
- Your guide is fully insured, fully trained and fully compliant with all regulations, has passed all necessary documentation and courses, and has signed the Safety Charter
- Tour is conducted in English, but can be translated into German or Dutch
The tour takes about 90 minutes to complete.