Our annual walk The Ramble will take place on Saturday 28th August 2021 at 11am from the Tipperary Road, Galbally. This is a family orientated event for everyone to enjoy.
This is a low level walk lasting about two hours which will take place from the Community Centre in Galbally Co. Limerick.
Participants must register in the at the Community Centre from 10.30am prior to the commencement of the walk for health and safety reasons. We are looking forward to meeting members of the Men's Shed from Galbally and Knocklong, local residents, tourists, local walking clubs and Women's Groups.
The main focus is to motivate people to get out there and get active, have a chat and make some new friends. We also want to welcome adults who may have been active in competitive sports in the past who would like to come and join us. Overall we want you to enjoy a truly exhilarating outdoor experience at your own pace.
Walk Facilitator: Anne O'Donnell
- You must register at the Community Hall in Galbally at 10.30am (no charge)
- You are responsible for your own safety
- You will be asked to comply with social distancing
- Wear hiking shoes or boots, bring a drink
- Adhere to Leave No Trace policy, bring away your personal rubbish
- Children under 12 years must be accompanied by a parent or adult
- Talk on the Megalithic burial tomb by Morgan Murphy
- A friendly cuppa and refreshments in the hall afterwards
- Anne O'Donnell will offer advice on tips and trick for the budding hiker