Cappamore Show will be held at the Showgrounds in Ballyvoreen, Cappamore on Saturday 18th August.
Runnning since 1954, Cappamore Agricultural Show is one of Ireland’s leading one day shows, and is very highly regarded among exhibitors and regular show supporters throughout the Munster region, and nationally.
Cappamore Show incorporates displays and competitions in areas such as cookery, crafts, agricultural and horticultural produce, and other areas that draw on the traditional skills, arts and crafts of the region, as well as more traditional show sections such as cattle and horse showing, and jumping classes.
Free children's entertainment will also be provided on the day. Bring friends and family along for a great day at the showground, Ballyvoreen, Cappamore.
Programme of Events
Free Children’s Entertainment
- Tell-a-tale Children’s Puppet Theatre
- Music Generation
- Face Painting
- Living Limerick’s Wildlife Garden Display
- Pet's Corner - Rare and exotic animals and farmyard animals
Alma Jordan of Agri Kids will give two fun, lively and interactive sessions on how to be safe and stay safe on the farm and in the countryside. Come along and learn how to be a Farm Safety Ambassador.
Following on from last years success, we are delighted to announce that Limerick Local Enterprise Office is promoting the Limerick Food Experience at Cappamore Show. Local food producers will be displaying their produce at this event in a dedicated marquee on the field. In addition, Tom Flavin, Executive Chef, Limerick Strand Hotel, will give a cookery demonstration at 1 o’clock. Later in the afternoon Edward Hayden, celebrity chef and culinary expert, will give a cookery demonstration. Both chefs will use produce from the local food producers.
Three classes - Junior/Novice/Intermediate.
Three classes for individual ladies, gents and U14’s.
- Water Zorbs, Paddle Boats
- Simulator, bumpers for older children and teenagers
- Kick Dart Football
Pauline Hynan Dancers displaying their talents.
Dermot Lyons - Beat on the field! Dance stage in field for all to trip the light fantastic!
Craft/Small Business Hall
Over twenty craft workers and small businesses displaying their wares and services in the craft/small business hall.
Over 100 classes on show with nine different breeds & commercials over six rings.
- Limousin Breeding Heifer Final
- South Western Simmental Club Championships
- Bonny Baby Calf of the Year
- GVM All Ireland Beef Championship-2000 prize find
- Aldi-A.B.P. Irish Angus Calf Qualifiers
Horse and Pony Showing
- Fifty showing classes for horses, mares and foals
- Ridden hunter class
- Pony classes catering for I.P.S. members and non-members
Fifteen competitions catering for registered and unregistered animals (horses and ponies).
Three classes including a new Novice Carriage Driving Showing Class. Event starting at 2.30 p.m.
Pet Dog Show
- Eleven classes available to cater for man’s best friend
- Special classes for children
- Three qualifiers
- Trophy for the Champion of the Show
Agri Produce / Fruit & Vegetables / Flower
Numerous classes available both in adult and children sections to cover all gardeners’ green fingers.
Adult Cookery and Craft
Over fifty classes available covering all cakes, jams and breads. Numerous craft classes covering all crafts imaginable, including items made from recycled materials.
Children’s Cookery and Crafts
- A wide variety of classes to cater for gifted little hands
- Classes divided into different age groups
- Check out their healthy lunches, art work, needle work and craftsmanship
Lego Model Class
Art and Photography
- Check out our classes for Senior Citizens, Adults and Children
- Children’s section covering computer design, art and painting, not forgetting their skill behind a camera
- Best dressed boy or girl under 10 years of age
- Best Party Costume, boy or girl under 10 years of age
- Best dressed lady on the day. Beautiful piece of jewellery as prize
- New this year-Junk Kouture Class
Bonny Baby Show
Finally, not forgetting those Bonny Babies. Two Classes - under 1 and under 2.
Showgrounds, Ballyvoreen, Cappamore, Co. Limerick