The Limerick Local Employment Service (LES) provides a free and confidential information, guidance and job-searching support to job-seekers. Our goal is to provide a range of quality professional services to unemployed jobseekers to help them find suitable employment, training and educational opportunities. We work with both job-seekers and employers.
We provide a free mediation service whereby a client works with an assigned mediator who will support them, on a one-to-one basis, to progress along a path to employment, education, or training. We can provide:
- Career guidance and planning
- Referrals to education and training courses
- Referrals to Community Employment Schemes or the Tús Programme
- Funding assistance for specific training (Qualification criteria applies)
- Technical skills training in applying for jobs online
The service is available to anyone who has a valid PPS number, permission to work in Ireland and not currently engaged with Turas Nua services.
Our service is available in our Central Office located in Unit 2, Tait Business Centre, Dominic Street as well as in offices located in:
Unit 4, Watchouse Cross, Shopping Ctr
St Marys LES
The Alms Houses, Nicholas St
Tait House, Collins Avenue, Roxboro Road
Our Lady of Lourdes LES
Greenfields Cross, Rosbrien
We work with businesses of all sizes to help them recruit suitable candidates for job vacancies. We can:
- Provide free job advertising via our weekly jobs bulletin
- Identify and refer suitable candidates for vacancies
- Support employers to access employer incentives and resources
- Provide interview room facilities
We do not charge for our services.
The Local Employment Service is funded by the Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection
Unit 2, The Tait Business Centre