Run, walk or crawl 100km in the month of July to raise vital funds for Limerick Mental Health Association.
Over the last 2 years Covid-19 has had a severe impact on charities and non-profit organisations who have been unable to carry out many of their traditional fundraisers. Limerick Mental Health Association (LMHA) are bringing back '100km in a Month Challenge' so that participants can run safely while also bringing people together.
LMHA are launching this fundraising challenge to help keep vital services running and resume person to person and group activities again. Donations will help purchase more materials for their men’s shed and hire external facilitators who will provide training and support to members in the form of Art Therapy, Music Therapy, to name just a few.
100km in a month might sound quite daunting but it’s just 3-4km a day and you can get the boost in on your kms whilst mowing the lawn, doing your grocery shopping or running around after the kids, you will be surprised how quickly it adds up!
This challenge is open to everyone (no matter what your level of fitness) and it’s free to join and we want to get as many people as possible involved!
Those who joined this challenge in 2020 will know what a wonderful and supportive group participated and what a rewarding and memorable experience it was to be a part of, and LMHA hope to see some of those participants again when it kicks off on July 1st.
Once you sign up, LMHA will send you an email with all the details you will need to participate as well as an invitation to join their dedicated private facebook support group for this challenge, where you will receive:
- Advice on how to train and fundraise
- Gain support, friendship and advice from runners, walkers and crawlers just like you
- An open invitation to join their Walking Group every Monday at 12.15pm, starting at Arthurs Quay Park for a leisurely walk around our beautiful city
Visit 100km in A Month for LMHA 2022 Facebook event page for more information and mark yourself as 'going' and don’t forget to share with all your friends to help spread the word!
Don’t forget to use the hashtags #100kforLMHA if you are posting on LMHA socials!
How to Donate To 100km in a Month 2022 Challenge
You can support fundraisers and donate in 4 different ways:
- Visit any of the participants Facebook Fundraiser pages to donate
- Donate via LMHA’s Facebook Fundraising Page
- Donate directly via LMHA donation page (powered by Stripe)
- You can also donate €4 by texting LMHA to 50300. (Text costs €4. Limerick Mental Health Association will receive a minimum of €3.60. Service Provider: LIKECHARITY. Helpline: 01 481 9311)
This challenge officially kicks off on Friday 1st July so keep an eye on LMHA Facebook page and your inbox for all the details.
If you have any questions or if you are a business and you wish to help support this fundraiser please contact email@example.com where Ian and Jane will be happy to advise.