A conference promoting how the Empowerment of Women improves physical, mental and social health will take place in the Concert Hall at University College Limerick on Saturday 26th May.
The event is led by Dr Mary Ryan, Consultant Endocrinologist, Bon Secours, and will be MCed by Lorraine Keane.
The event, which is free to attend, is being sponsored by Cleanmarine® Menomin. The format of the seminar will include a number of expert speakers and two panel discussions. Speakers and participants include;
- Professor Desmond Fitzgerald, President of University of Limerick
- Dr. Mary Ryan, Consultant Endocrinologist
- Trish Long, Walt Disney Studios
- Professor Maeve Houlihan, UCD School of Business
- Niamh Cray, Head of Human Resources, Sodexo Ireland
- Professor Lee Monaghan, Department of Sociology University of Limerick
- Sean Dwane, Speak for Success International
- Carmel Breheny, Marketing Manager, Marks & Spencer’s Ireland
Panellists include; Dr. William Hennessy, Dr. Julie O’Brien, Dr. Deirdre Fanning and Jan O’Sullivan T.D., Dr. Maura Finn, Professor Helen Phelan, Michelle Houlihan, Dr. Joe Putti and more.
Speaking about the event, Dr. Mary Ryan, said; “Empowerment of women is so important as low self-esteem, which unfortunately is so common in the female population of today, affects health and wellbeing and progress in the workplace. It also affects women socially and leads to incorrect choices of life partners, and the lack of skills to realise their true potential. The young women of today are the future mothers of society so if they lack self-esteem then it affects the men and women of the future as we can only pass high self-esteem to our children if we possess it ourselves. This conference is very necessary as for generations we have unconsciously empowered our sons but not our daughters and education in this area is so important to protect the physical, social and economic health of future generations.”
Tickets are available UCH Box Office, 061-331549.