Our courses teach you how to handle a Power boat correctly for everyday use and emergency situations, providing you with the high safety standards on the water and making sure you get the most of your boat.
Each course offers plenty of personal attention and the opportunity to target certain aspects of power boating that is of most relevance to you.
Private power boating lessons in your own Power boat may also be available.....just ask for details.
1 day introduction course:
- This course will provide you with the basic skills and back ground knowledge required to drive a powerboat completely and safely under supervision.
- It is ideally suited to anyone new to a powerboat, and will provide a short but practical introduction to boat handling and safety on powerboats.
- Core skills imparted in this comprehensive course include: launch and recovery of a power boat, confined maneuvers, high and low speed maneuvers.
- This course also focuses on seamanship skills such as: man overboard rescues, coming alongside correctly, picking up a mooring, anchoring, safety equipment and procedures, navigation, tides and weather, rules of the road, rope work and much more.
Dates: All year
2 day national certificate:
- The aim of this two day course is to give power boating lessons to further develop the skills and knowledge that allow participants to safely and effectively skipper a powerboat without supervision in good conditions and familiar waters.
- You will receive professional training on coastal navigation and experience the adrenaline of controlling a planning power craft in offshore conditions.
- The I.S.A recommends this certificate as the minimum level of training required before anyone uses a power boat on their own.
- Successful participants will receive the National Powerboat Certificate.
Dates: All year
Nevsail, The Hunt Museum, Limerick City