Come experience a city like no other, from the perspective of the river that shaped it, with a guided kayak tour through the heart of Limerick City! With the help of our expert guides, float along the majestic River Shannon and discover the fascinating story of one of Ireland’s oldest cities all the while having loads of fun! The experience promises to be one you will never forget!
Soak up the famous sites and fascinating history as you kayak along the stunning waterfront right up to the impressive King John’s Castle. A couple of games and challenges along the way is guaranteed to have everyone smiling and relaxed.
- Fully qualified Irish Canoe Union instructors.
- Fully Insured.
- All equipment deep cleaned between each use.
- Group sizes reflect HSE guidelines.
Tours are dependent on the tide so times will vary from day to day. Tours will take approx. 2 hours. No experience is necessary and you do not need to be able to swim in order to fully enjoy this beautiful tour.
Our Limerick City Kayaking Tour is ranked Number 1 Outdoor Activity in Limerick on TripAdvisor and has become a very popular option for group outings. Ideal for the following group types:
- Corporate Teambuilding
- Staff Outings
- Hens & Stags
- Sports Teams
- Sports & Social Clubs
All tours are subject to a minimum of 2 people per trip and a maximum of 15 people per tour under the current ICU guidelines. All tours are private groups. To book, click on the ‘book now’ button.
All equipment is deep cleaned after each use.
- Sit-on-top kayak
- Buoyancy Aid
What to bring:
- Suitable clothing for the water i.e. workout gear as if you were going for a jog or brisk walk
- Light jacket/windcheater
- Change of footwear
- Wetsuit, if desired. Please note: We can’t offer wetsuits at the current time as we cannot provide an area to change within the social distancing guidelines.
- We would encourage anyone who wears glasses to either secure their glasses or wear contact lenses on the water.
- Personal belongings: We can’t take responsibility for the loss, theft or damage to personal belongings at any time during your kayaking session with us. We would encourage you to leave all valuables at home.
Public slipway beside St. Michael's Rowing Club