Over the course of 2020 Irish and other EU cultures will be showcased through education, entertainment and information. Taking the form of exhibitions to educate us about the work of the EU institutions, debates about the big issues facing the EU and our region, and of course fun participatory events highlighting the common ties which bind us together. At its heart is an exhibition from the European Investment Bank Art Collection, Belonging, based in venues across the city and curated by the Hunt Museum.
European Expo Events will include:
- St. Mary’s Cathedral staging Ode to Joy, the European Anthem and a celebration of the birth of Beethoven
- The Kemmy Business School, UL and RHH International running a more high level understanding of the politics and institutions of the EU
- Limerick City and County Council running the Bastille Day/ Wild Geese Festival with the Honorary Consul for France
- A celebration of over 30 years of Erasmus exchanges
- National celebrations such as Romania Day
- The Art Business Europe conference; a high level economics conference Infiniti 2020; discussions on the importance of language from the Centre for European Studies
- LSAD second year students reflecting and interpreting the EIB Belonging exhibition
- Mary Immaculate College and the Limerick & Clare Education Training Board integrating education as a core element
- Street parties from all our EU communities living in Limerick and much much more...
European Expo is a call out to future generations to look towards Europe and find ways of solving global issues around climate, migration, nationalism, finance, culture and economics.
For more information about European Expo or how to get involved please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.