Tuesday 1st December 2015: The Limerick Milk Market are delighted to announce the launch of Christmas at the Milk Market 2015 this Friday from 10am with the lights turning on at 1pm.
Publish Date: Tuesday 1st December 2015
The Limerick Milk Market are delighted to announce the launch of Christmas at the Milk Market 2015 this Friday(4th December) from 10am with the lights turning on at 1pm.
The Milk Market Lights have been sponsored by Clareview Motors and Citroen this year. Friday 4th December will also feature a group from the University of Limerick School of Architecture (SAUL) along with Fab Lab Limerick in a Calais Aid Solidarity dine at the Milk Market from 12 noon where students and fab lab Limerick will showcase the beautiful hand crafted tables they have constructed to be shipped to Calais, a project which started in August 2015 when SAUL FabLab started fabricating shelters in Fablab for refugees.
Christmas at the Milk Market is a long standing feature at the Milk Market with over 160 years of history. While not like many other Christmas Markets; The Milk Market embraces the festive feel while retaining the look and character of our core markets/traders: (Fri/Sat/Sun) with an additional splash of Christmas colour, song, smells, gifts and cheer to the mix along with a full week of trading 17th to 24th December.
The dates for Christmas at the Milk Market this year:
- Fri-Sun 4th, 5th, 6th December
- Fri-Sun 11th, 12th, 13th December
- Full Week of Christmas 17th, 18th, 19th, 20th, 21st, 22nd, 23rd and 24th December 2015
Why not pick up that unique fashion or handcrafted gift for that someone special along with your stocking full of Christmas cuisine and treats while supporting your local producer. It is an excellent opportunity also for Choirs of all kinds to come along and sing Christmas Carols under the beautiful Milk Market Canopy. Christmas Colour in Competition and multiple daily prizes will run in conjunction with our 2015 Christmas partners.
“We are very excited about the list of programmes and events brought to you in partnership with multiple community, schools, business and charitable groups at your local friendly Milk Market serving the good people of Limerick Since 1852”
The Christmas Markets at Limerick Milk Market will feature:
- Christmas Lights turning on Friday 4th December sponsored by Clearview Motor
- UL Architecture (SAUL) and FabLab Calais Aid Limerick Solidarity Dine at the Friday Milk Market 4thDecember
- Serve The City music brigade on multiple dates from 4th Dec with competition prizes
- Record Fair Sunday 6th and Vintage & Handmade Fair Sunday 13th December
- Croagh School of Music Sunday 6th December
- Santa Letter Posting service at Harpers Café the Milk Market from 11th December
- Transition Year Market Launch Friday 18th December
- Limerick Food Hamper Appeal with the Redemptorists Limerick
- Wreaths, holly, decorations and unique Xmas gifts
- Multiple Christmas Choirs and Carols sponsored by Mari’s Café the Milk Market
- Christmas Kids Colour in Competition; templates available by email, schools & onsite
- Limerick Thomond Rotary Club Remembrance Tree at the Milk Market from 4th Dec
- Colourful Stalls/Shops with a festive fest of foods and drinks
- Multiple Community Attractions
- Fabulous Fashion and Crafty Craft with a Christmas twist
- Collection point for your old 1c and 2c coins to serve multiple good causes
- Santa Letter Posting service at Harpers Café the Milk Market
- Multiple daily raffles and competitions
Festive produce; Minced Pies, Puddings, Christmas Hams Chestnuts, Brandy Butter, Christmas Deserts/Baked Goodies and least not forget some good old sprouts from our seasoned vegetable traders while be at the ready for all to enjoy and savour.
So make sure to call to Christmas at the Milk Market 2015 were everyone is welcome!! Love Your Local Market, Love Limerick Milk Market and Support Local.