The Regulation of Lobbying legislation is designed to provide information to the public about who is lobbying whom about what.
Section 6(4) of the Regulation of Lobbying Act 2015 requires that on commencement of the Act on 1st September 2015 Limerick City and County Council is required to publish a list showing the name, grade and brief details of the role and responsibilities of each ‘Designated Public Official’ of the body. The purpose of the list is twofold.
- To allow members of the public identify those persons who are Designated Public Officials;
- As a resource for lobbyists filling a return to the Register who may need to source a Designated Public Official’s details.
To see a list of Limerick City and County Council’s Designated Public Officials click here.
Section (6)(1)(d) of the Act provides that Members of Limerick City and County Council are regarded as ‘Designated Public Officials’ for the purposes of the Act.
To see a list of Limerick City and County Council Members click here.
The following guidance documents are available for your information.
- Summary of main provisions of Lobbying Act 2015
- Guidance for Designated Public Officials
- Guidelines on Lobbying in relation to development and zoning of land
Further information regarding the legislation and further guidance on the Act is available on the Regulation of Lobbying website, click here.