- Limerick is a long established and proven location for international business with over 13,000 people working in 100 overseas companies.
- In 2016 Limerick City was announced as 'European City of the Future' in its population category in fDi Magazine’s European Cities & Regions of the Future 2016/17 ranking.
- It is in the top ten of places to invest in Western Europe (Best to Invest Report 2014-Site Selection).
- There are 460,000 people within a 60km radius
- Large International companies in the region include Dell, Vistakon, Cook Medical and Northern Trust.
- ICT, Life Sciences, International Services and Engineering/Consumer Products are important sectors for overseas investment in the Limerick area. Companies operating in these sectors include Dell Computers, Analog Devices, Kostal, Aughinish Alumina, Stryker, Vistakon and Cook Medical. The range of activities being undertaken include high value manufacturing, R & D, software development, shared services and customer technical support type operations.
- The city is served by a resilient broadband network where a choice of carriers ensures competitive pricing and high quality service for all users.
- The National Technological Park is located 6km from Limerick city. It covers an area of 300 hectares and is home to 80 organisations employing over 3000 people.
- The Raheen Business Park (440 acres) has many excellent property options.