The region is well serviced by road, rail, port and air transport links.
- Shannon International Airport, located in the centre of the Mid-Western region, is just 20 minutes drive from Limerick, offering daily connectivity to the US, UK and mainland Europe.
- Limerick is 2 hours drive on the motorway (M7) to Dublin.
- Cork is 1.5 hours drive south from Limerick.
- Galway is 1 hour drive north from Limerick.
- There are hourly direct bus and train services to Dublin, Cork, Galway and all the main urban areas of the country.
- The Shannon Foynes Deep Water Port is 24km west from Limerick city and is Ireland’s second largest port operation catering for vessels up to 60,000 dwt.
- Its strategic location offers access to the vibrant economy and population of a large part of Ireland and has statutory jurisdiction over all marine activities ona 500km2 ara on the Shannon Estuary. It handles the largest vessels entering Irish waters and has a track record of continuous growth and innovation.
- Six National roads converge on Limerick City and its environs. Following the opening of the Limerick Tunnel project, all national roads that converge on Limerick city are now connected in a southern bypass of the city affording the city centre the opportunity to introduce pedestrian friendly measures.