Trade & Investment Development Executive (Grade VII) is a senior role within the Economic Development Directorate of the local authority who will be part of a team charged with encouraging and facilitating an environment for increased investment into the Limerick Region. The Trade & Investment Development Executive will be involved with various initiatives in relation to business, trade, commercial, tourism and cultural development so as to increase economic growth and investment in jobs. The successful candidate will be required to make a significant contribution to the delivery of the Councils economic developments plans and strategies and to communicate effectively with partner organisation and stakeholders.
The Person - Qualifications
Candidates shall be of good character.
Each candidate must be in a state of health such as would indicate a reasonable prospect of ability to render regular and efficient service.
3. Education, Training, Experience, etc.
Each candidate must have, on the latest date for receipt of completed application forms -
- A good general standard of education
- Satisfactory experience in administrative procedures, including adequate practical experience in work of an executive nature, office organisation and control of staff.
- A recognised Third Level (Min level 8) degree in Business or a closely related discipline, or equivalent professional qualification, in a relevant discipline.
- A post-graduate qualification in a Management / Business discipline
- Relevant Business Experience (5 Years min)
- Have a strong business acumen with experience that demonstrates an experience of the business environment in Ireland.
- A full driving licence and the use of a vehicle.
- Have the knowledge, ability and experience to discharge the duties of the post
- Have strong Interpersonal, report writing, presentation and communication skills
Completed application forms must be e-mailed to email@example.com no later than Friday 1st November 2019 at 5pm.
The Application Form and Briefing Document are also available from Human Resources, Corporate Headquarters, Merchant's Quay, Limerick Tel: 061-557160 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
An official application form must be completed in full by the closing date for the competition. Please note that amendments to the application form will not be accepted after the closing date.
Please send your application from an email address that you will review regularly as communication during the assessment/selection period will only be through that e-mail address.