Library Attendant is a key frontline role in the library service working as a member of the library team to deliver a safe, friendly, efficient library service to the public. Key responsibilities include securing and opening the library building, ensuring the library can be enjoyed both by customers and staff, and ensuring that facilities are well presented. The duties of the Library Attendant shall be consistent with the provision of a modern public library service that is responsive to the changing requirements of customers of all ages and abilities.
The Library Attendant is a key frontline post in Limerick Libraries working as part of the team at a main library branch.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE SHALL:
- possess excellent communication skills and have the ability to provide an excellent standard of customer service in all circumstances
- possess an ability to work effectively within a team, to take instruction and to seek to deliver positive outcomes as required by the varying situations
- engage with a wide range of people in a positive manner
- engage positively with young people and teenagers
- possess excellent organisation skills
- possess excellent literacy and numeracy skills
- possess excellent IT skills
- demonstrate proven problem solving and trouble shooting skills
- have ability to work effectively under pressure and achieve objectives in a timely manner
- have an interest in the library service and playing a role in good service delivery
- be available to work a 39 hour week including evenings and weekends
The Library Attendant reports directly to the Librarian/Executive Librarian/Staff Officer Library in the branch.
Completed application forms must be e-mailed to email@example.com no later than Monday, 25th October 2021.
An official application form must be completed in full by the closing date for the competition. Please note that amendments to the application form will not be accepted after the closing date. CV’s will not be accepted in lieu of an application form.
Please send your application from an e-mail address that you will review regularly as communication during the assessment/selection period will only be through that e-mail address. Please also ensure that you regularly review your spam/junk email folder as occasionally your email service provider may direct emails to that folder.