Limerick City & County Council is seeking applications from suitably qualified candidates with relevant experience for the position of Executive Architect.
It is proposed to form a panel of qualified candidates from which permanent and temporary vacancies, which arise, may be filled during the lifetime of the panel.
The Executive Architect may be assigned to any Department/Directorate as required at the discretion of Limerick City and County Council.
The successful candidate will join a well-established multidisciplinary team and may have responsibility for designing, delivering and managing construction projects, planning and building compliance and other ancillary works required for the successful development of the County in the areas of, but not limited to, Housing, Building Control, Regeneration, Conservation, Public Realm, Urban Renewal and Amenity projects.
Education, Experience, etc.
Candidates shall on the latest date for receipt of applications;
- hold a professional qualification in Architecture that is prescribed under the Building Control Act 2007; or a qualification in Architecture that is equivalent to a qualification so prescribed,
- be eligible for registration as an Architect under the Building Control Act 2007 without requiring further assessment. Any appointment will be subject to registration under the Act;
- have at least four years’ satisfactory experience of architectural work;
- have experience in the design of buildings, the preparation of sketch plans, working drawings, details and specification;
- possess a high standard of technical training and administrative experience, including experience in the administration of contracts;
- have a satisfactory knowledge of public service organisation.
* Non Irish Qualifications must be accompanied by a determination from Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI) to establish their comparability against the Irish National Framework of Qualifications, overseas qualifications must also be accompanied by a translation document.
Completed application forms must be e-mailed to email@example.com no later than Wednesday 18th May 2022.
An official application form must be completed in full by the closing date for the competition. Please note that amendments to the application form will not be accepted after the closing date. CV’s will not be accepted in lieu of an application form.
Please send your application from an e-mail address that you will review regularly as communication during the assessment/selection period will only be through that e-mail address. Please also ensure that you regularly review your spam/junk email folder as occasionally your email service provider may direct emails to that folder.