The following projects being undertaken by the Travel & Transportation Strategy Department of Limerick City and County Council.
- Cork Limerick Scheme
- Foynes to Limerick Road
- Limerick Northern Distributor Road
- Parnell, Davis and Wickham Street Upgrade
- Coonagh to Knockalisheen Distributor Road
- N21 Abbeyfeale Road Improvement Scheme
- N21 Newcastle West Road Improvement Scheme
- N24 Cahir to Limerick Junction
When completed the new stretch of motorway will link Cork to Limerick and onto Tuam, Co. Galway, forming a major motorway along the western corridor. Click here for more.
The scheme will comprise of the design and construction of approximately 10km of a northern distributor road that will include a crossing of the Ardnacrusha Tailrace and the River Shannon, with possible crossings of the Blackwater and Mulkear Rivers. Click here for more.
Redevelopment of the the vicinity of Parnell Street, Davis Street, Wickham Street and the immediate local environs. Click here for more.
National Transport Authority
- Green Routes - Ballinacurra Road Bus Lane
- Limerick Metropolitan Movement Strategy
- Parnell Street Upgrade
- Pedestrian Facilities Upgrade
- LIT to City Centre Cycle Corridor
- Bike Scheme
Low Cost Safety Schemes
- Bloodmill Road
- Catherine Street / Roches Street (R858)
- Thomond Bridge / Clancy Strand (R445)
- N21 Abbeyfeale Centre
- N21 Wards Cross, Abbeyfeale
Pavement & Minor Improvement Works
N20 O'Rourkes Cross
A new roundabout controlled junction is planned for O’Rourke’s Cross on the N20. These works will entail alterations to the present junction layout, the construction of new N20 approaches to the junction and the alteration of the existing R518 approaches to the junction. Click here for more.
N24 Beary's Cross
A new roundabout controlled junction is planned for Beary’s Cross on the N24. These works will entail alterations to the present junction layout, the construction of a new section of regional road 513 approach to the junction and the alteration of the existing N24 approaches to the junction. Click here for more.
N24 Beary’s Cross Road Improvement Scheme Compulsory Purchase Order 2020
Limerick City and County Council has made the Compulsory Purchase Order to acquire land and extinguish rights of way necessary to develop the N24 Beary’s Cross Road Improvement Scheme and it is about to be submitted to An Bord Pleanála for confirmation.
The closing date for receipt of objections by An Bord Pleanála, 64 Marlborough Street, Dublin 1 D01 V902, is 5.30pm on Friday 8th May, 2020.
Part VIII planning for this road improvement scheme was approved at the Municipal District meeting of Cappamore/Kilmallock held on 19th October 2017.
For more information visit MyPoint.ie.
Specific Improvement Grants
- Thomond Bridge Rehabilitation Works
Strategic Regional and Local Road Grant
- Coonagh/ Knocknalisheen Distributor Road
- Traffic Calming – Northern Area (Works to be agreed with Ward Councillors)
- Traffic Calming – Eastern Area (Works to be agreed with Ward Councillors)
- Traffic Calming – Southern Area (Works to be agreed with Ward Councillors)
The design and improvement of national roads / motorways is dealt with by the Transport Infrastructure Ireland.