Pursuant to the Limerick City Development Plan 2010-2016 objective to ‘create a high quality and safe urban environment attractive to investors, employers, residents and tourists’ and to ‘generate a sense of pride in the City’, Limerick City and County Council proposes to redevelop the vicinity of Parnell Street, Davis Street, Wickham Street and the immediate local environs.
The proposal seeks to greatly improve the street environment and create an area that is both welcoming and safe for the pedestrian, cyclist and motorist alike.
The proposed scheme includes the following works:
- The realignment of Hyde Road and the construction of a new signalised junction at the intersection of Upper Mallow Street, Parnell Street and the realigned Hyde Road.
- A raised platform and new pedestrian crossing across Parnell Street at the entry to Colbert Station, providing connectivity between Colbert Station and Limerick City Centre.
- A landscaped carpark with short dwelling time within the redevelopment of Russell Park.
- Introduction of one way vehicular traffic movement along Davis Street, with contra-flow cycle track from Parnell Street toward Pery Street.
- Introduction of on-road cycle facilities along the extents of the scheme.
- Improved pedestrian measures with the provision of high quality paved footpaths, street trees, upgraded public lighting including new bespoke public lighting and CCTV.
Hyde Road Proposed Streetscape
Mallow Street and Parnell Street Proposed Streetscape
Parnell Street Proposed Streetscape
The following drawing and map shows proposed works at Parnell Street, Davis Street, and Wickham Street.
- To view the map of proposed works at Parnell Street, Davis Street and Wickham Street, Limerick click here.
- To view the drawing of proposed works at Parnell Street, Davis Street and Wickham Street, Limerick click here.
- To view Parnell and Wickham Street Urban Improvements Road Layout Stage 2 click here.
To view Part 8 Notice Parnell Street, Wickham Street and Davis Street Urban Realm and Street Improvements Works click here.