Limerick City and County Council has, in exercise of its powers under Section 9 of the Road Traffic Act, 2004 (no.44 of 2004); as amended by Section 86 of the Road Traffic Act 2010 and having consulted with An Garda Siochána, hereby gives notice of its intention to make Speed Limit Bye-Laws in respect of the area comprising the administrative area of the County of Limerick. The purpose of these Bye-Laws is to provide for special speed limits for housing estates through the establishment of Slow Zones (30kph).
A copy of the draft Bye-Laws and drawings will be available for inspection from Friday 3rd July 2020 up to and including Monday 3rd August 2020 during office hours, at the following offices of Limerick City and County Council:
- Corporate Headquarters, Merchants Quay, Limerick
- Dooradoyle Offices, Dooradoyle Road, Dooradoyle, Limerick
- Kilmallock Area Office, Kilmallock, Co. Limerick
- Newcastle West Area Office, Newcastle West, Co. Limerick
- Rathkeale Area Office, Rathkeale, Co. Limerick
Submissions or representations may be made in writing to:
Operations and Maintenance Department
Limerick City and County Council
or email: email@example.com
Closing date for submissions or representations is Monday 3rd August 2020.