For Conservation Works to Protected Structures, Proposed Protected Structures, and Structures within Architectural Conservation Areas or the amenity of a National Monument.
The main points of the Scheme are as follows:
- Built Heritage Investment Scheme seeks to encourage the investment of private capital in small scale, labour intensive, conservation projects
- Qualifying buildings will include Protected Structures; Proposed Protected Structures (must be added to the Record of Protected Structures by 31/12/2023); Structures that contribute to the character of Architectural Conservation Areas
- Support the employment of skilled and experienced conservation professionals, craft workers and tradespeople
- Minimum award: €2,500. Max award: €15,000 to a standard maximum permissible benefit of 50% having regard to other publicly funded measures and initiatives
- Thatching Initiative - Maximum Grant of €20,000, to a maximum permissible benefit of 80% having regard to other publicly funded measures and initiatives
- Works approved under this scheme must meet all statutory requirements including the need for planning permission, where appropriate
Completed Application Forms (Form A), accompanied by all relevant supporting documentation, should be submitted to the Architectural Conservation Office, Planning and Environmental Services Department, Dooradoyle, Limerick V94 WV78.
Please Note: Limerick City and County Council has been allocated the sum of €180,800. Demand is likely to be high and a rigorous assessment process will be used to select projects for recommendation to the Minister of State for Heritage for approval.
Closing date for receipt of applications under the provisions of the Built Heritage Investment Scheme is 4pm on Friday 20th January 2023.
Property owners, custodians, and occupiers may also make application for assistance under the provisions of the Historic Structures Fund but, following discussions between the applicant and the relevant local authority personnel, only one application will be forwarded to the Minister for consideration.
Further information and Application Packs for the Scheme are available from:
Architectural Conservation Office
Limerick City and County Council
Planning and Environmental Services
Limerick V94 WV78
Phone: +353 61 556323